Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cabbage and Chicken with Peanut Sauce

THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST THING I HAVE CREATED FROM OUR ORGANIC VEGETABLES SO FAR. I was eating it for breakfast the next day and hiding it in the back of the fridge so Tim wouldn't find it. Here's what I did. I took half of a small green cabbage washed it and sliced it in long thin pieces. I also chopped up three scallions (green and white). I started by cooking the chicken, boneless/skinless breasts diced about 1inch pieces. I cooked them over medium heat with some oil until they were browned. Then I sprinkled some ground ginger (about 1 tsp), ground garlic (1/2 tsp), white pepper (you can use black), red chili flakes and soy sauce (2 tbsp). I added the cabbage and scallions and sauteed everything until the cabbage was tender and the chicken cooked through (about 5 more minutes). I made a little circle of space in the center of the pan, I added 1 big tbsp of peanut butter, a little more soy sauce and some Siracha (hot sauce, use this to your heat level, I probably used about 1 tsp). When this sauce was all warmed up I combined everything. I didn't' eat it with any rice but you could. I also used three chicken breasts and you could just use one or two. I found myself scraping for the cabbage so I would double it next time or use less chicken. So good though, seriously they had better send some more cabbage so I can make this again!

No comments: