Friday, July 18, 2008

Dorothy Food

I was pretty lax this week with cooking (it's flipping hot and we don't have air conditioning in our kitchen) but I did manage to enjoy some of the raw veggies. What I did cook was for Dorothy. She is very fond of pasta with vegetables to that's what she had several times. We shredded summer squash and sauteed it with some basil and chopped it all up (ala. food processor). I also made her these very labor intensive baby meatballs to go with it. And when i say baby meatballs, they were not only tiny but made just for babies. I used some chicken breast that I ground up, then I added baby Oatmeal, two egg yolks, some fresh thyme and basil, and shredded Pecorino cheese. I fried them in a little Olive oil and wow, they were so delicious. They tasted like a rich little appetizer on a silver tray at a swanky wedding. But Dorothy thinks they taste like crap so I have to break them up and sneak them into her precious pasta without eating 6 of them myself.

No comments: